RFC: Membership Comittee Guidelines

[Here are the guidelines for SPI membership.  These will be expanded on
by the membership ctte, formed by the recent spi resolution (see
spi-announce).  Please comment.

Current membership ctte members are Martin Michlmayr and I, and we'll
see when/if we need to add more people to teh ctte.  For now we need
good guidelines though, so: comment and discuss please.

--Nils.]

GUIDELINES

Non-Contributing Membership
---------------------------

This membership can be obtained by applying at <http://nm.spi-inc.org>.
The only requirement for non-contributing membership is a valid email
address, which is verified automatically by the membership process.
This membership does not expire.

Contributing Membership
-----------------------

Contributing membership grants the member voting power in SPI, and thus
should be reserved for people who are actively contributing to the free
software community.

Contributing membership should be available to the following people:
- active members of SPI affiliated projects
- active members of any large free software development project
- any person who has made a significant contribution to the free
  software community
- any person who actively contributes to the free software community

[who else?  I'd like some easy criteria that can be applied quickly in
most of the cases, but some will not be so easy.  The four I've listed
are quite clear cut; are there any other categories of people who should
have contributing memberships and are easy to define?]

[should this be here????]
Membership may be granted to other individuals who provide worthwhile
contributions to SPI and the free software community.