Re: [part 2] Article 3: Membership

> > 	A member must meet the criteria set forth by the Membership
> > Committee acting on behalf of the Company.
> That might work -- it'd be an interesting experiment -- but it's usually
> good in the "entity" world (SPI is a legal entity/"person") to have atleast
> *some* guidelines so the outside world can look on and see that all is well
> (such as policies of non-discrimination, for example)

Ok,  how about:
	"A person desiring [active/voting] membership must be determined
to have made significant contribution to the Free Software community or to
another activity or project directly relating to the [published] goals and
ideals of SPI.  This determination will be made by the Membership
Committee acting on behalf of the membership of SPI."

	Then you can put the standard "SPI will not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual preference, species or
anything else" clause at the bottom of the whole document.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|           You think you're so smart,  but I've seen you naked          |
|                  and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ...              |
|                 --The Barenaked Ladies,  "Blame It On Me"              |