Coding style question: Are self-fulfilling headers desired? Are u32/u64 or uint32_t/uint64_t preferred?

Hi there,

to implement my desired feature in NBD I've loaded the sources into my IDE (QtCreator) and it complains about the #include files:

1) include structure:

Some headers use symbols that are not included in this header (e.g. off_t and pthread_t in treefiles.h), so these headers depend on correct usage, i.e. it is necessary to include certain other headers to use these headers at all.

and also the opposite

Some includes are "too much" and not used in a header, but might only be necessary because the users of the header are too lazy to include the proper headers they depend on.

I tried to clean up that issue and another oddity occurred:

2) in cliserv.h:
* why using these strange #if..#elif cascade to define u32 and u64 instead of using uint32_t and uint64_t from <stdint.h> as used in nearly all of the rest of the code base? * __be32 and __be64 are not used and might be even misleading, because they came from the Linux kernel and denotes "big endian" types explicitly.

So my question is: Are patches / Github pull requests welcome or not, to clean-up stuff like this?

Greetings,

		Lars R.