Re: Fixes after static code analysis

It was <2024-02-23 pią 10:10>, when Eric Blake wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 09:08:49AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 10:55:20AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> > Hi Lukasz,
>> >

>> > I've merged your branch, but removed those two commits (the original and
>> > the revert).
>>
>> FWIW, your branch temporarily broke the doc/proto.md rendering by
>> removing trailing whitespace that was essential to a correct Markdown
>> rendering; I've reverted that portion of your changes.  (Why markdown
>> treats trailing whitespace as essential is beyond me - using something
>> that is not visible to affect the ultimate visual layout is
>> mind-boggling.)
>
> Another side-effect of your series: after 'make', I'm now left with a
> 'man/NBDTAB.5' file not under version control; according to
> .gitignore, we used to have man/nbdtab.5.  Creating files that differ
> only in case is a recipe for disaster when building on a FAT or HFS
> filesystem.  What's more, people really do want to do 'man nbdtab',
> not 'man NBDTAB'.  It looks like commit 6ca4b637 is to blame; can you
> provide a followup patch that restores the man page generation to
> create the correct filename?

That's my fault. I've created the patch to move the building of man
pages out of the bootstrap page, so we could build the package (without
man pages) without docbook. We discussed it with Wouter and it wasn't
meant to be merged yet. My mistake is that I didn't warn Wouter that the
patch had been on the branch he merged.

Wouter, will you revert the patch or should I prepare fixes Eric
requests?

Kind regards,
--
Łukasz Stelmach