Re: Question about IO workload via NBD

Yes. I enabled flush option as well. But then I figured out it is a
test setup issue. Thank you for the help!

I have another question.
I tried to reload the nbd server config file by sending SIGHUP to the
process. The client is about to setup the connection fine with the
server

sudo /usr/local/sbin/nbd-client xxxx -N test1 /dev/nbd1 -b 4096 -persist
Negotiation: ..size = 10240MB
bs=4096, sz=10737418240 bytes

But then when I tried to run FIO on that device, it complained that it
is a 0 size device.
/dev/nbd1: zero sized block device?

The nbd client syslog says

kernel: block nbd1: Connection timed out
kernel: block nbd1: shutting down sockets
kernel: print_req_error: 5 callbacks suppressed
kernel: print_req_error: I/O error, dev nbd1, sector 0

The nbd server syslog says

Connection dropped: Connection reset by peer

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround for reloading the config
file without killing the existing connection?

I appreciate any help in advance.
Best wishes,
Taylor