Re: Standard NBD URL syntax (again)

So last night I had an important thought about this:

 * What existing export names are people using in real life?

nbdkit doesn't use export names for anything - you can pass
anything you like.

qemu-nbd has an odd system where the export name must match what was
specified on the command line, but AFAIK it doesn't care about it
otherwise.

qemu's internal NBD server may permit multiple export names, but I'm
not totally sure about that.  What do they look like?  Arbitrary
strings?  Absolute paths?  Relative paths?

nbd-server supports multiple export names, and it does appear to want
absolute paths.  Can it use arbitrary strings too, or are absolute
paths the only option?  How about relative paths?

Basically, I think what we most commonly use export names for should
influence how we decide to use them in URLs.

Rich.