Re: FYI: Go implementation of the NBD protocol

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 03:58:31PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> It might be interesting to compare designs.

Indeed. On that point:

Alex once wrote a "transaction log" in nbd-server, which is a binary
representation of what goes over the wire, but with the data dropped (or
zeroed, I forget which). I've kept it in and tried to ensure that it
would keep working, but I haven't tested it much recently, so it might
be broken.

It might be a good idea to come up with a text-based representation of
NBD commands that can be used for such logs, so that nbd-server and
nbdkit can exchange logs if and when that makes sense...?

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard