[Nbd] Moving this list to lists.debian.org?

Hi folks,

A long-standing complaint on this list is that the signal-to-spam ratio
of it has been terrible since we made it an open subscription list. When
I talked to sourceforge support about it, they essentially said "so
don't make it an open subscription list", which is not acceptable for a
list that is listed in the MAINTAINERS file in the kernel.

I had planned on asking for a list to be created on alioth.debian.org,
but in light of that now being decomissioned, the alioth maintainers
have told me I should instead aim for creating a list on
lists.debian.org instead. They require public subscription, but that's
what we want anyway, and they require that the list is for software
already in Debian, but that's also the case. So it seems like we might
be able to fit.

Is there anyone on this list who would object to that? If so, are there
any suggestions for better alternatives?

If no objections are put forward, I'll go ahead with asking for creation
of the list in a few weeks.

Regards,

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab