Re: Cannnot build nbd from git clone

On 12/17/2017 01:30 PM, richard parkins wrote:

> [...]

Your quoting style is impossible to read - I can't tell a difference
between where you are quoting me and what you are adding as original
content.

The 'm4_pattern_forbid' macro lets autoconf die with a hard error if a
pre-requisite macro (presumably one that you intend to import from a
pre-installed library) is not properly expanded.  But it doesn't make it
easy to offer advice on what pre-requisite software to install to get
that macro defined, and that's a harder problem to solve in general
because so many distros have different naming scheme for their various
packages.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266