Re: Cannnot build nbd from git clone

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 07:16:04PM +0000, richard parkins wrote:
>     According to
>     <https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE%3ALeap%3A42.3/docbook_4>,
>     the correct DTD should be in the "docbook_4" package. Did you install
>     that? If so, can you run
>
>     rpm -ql docbook_4
>

> According to YaST2, I have docbook_3, docbook_4, and docbook_5 all installed.
> rpm -ql docbook_4 says:

OK, cool. You don't need 3 or 5, but 4 should have what you need.

[...]
> /usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.docbook_4

Does that file have something like

PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.5//EN"
       "docbook.dtd"

where "docbook.dtd" points to ...

[...]
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/4.5/docbook.dtd

... this file? If not, does ...

[...]
> /var/lib/sgml/CATALOG.docbook_4

... that one have it instead?

If not, can you find it in another catalog file? (ignore the XML ones,
this is docbook SGML, not docbook XML)

> It looks as if docbook DTDs for 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, and 4.5 are all there, but
> maybe the SUSE package is missing some of the files....

Yeah, but SGML utilities also need a "catalog" which links the public
DTD identifier (the thing beginning with "-//OASIS//DTD" above) to a
filename.

They're obviously there, but they can't be found, so that would suggest
the catalog is broken.

If the catalog does not contain the right public name, then I would try
if adding it (in the correct format) fixes that. If so, file a bug with
OpenSUSE to ask them to fix their damn DocBook packages ;-)

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab