Re: [Nbd] Restart without killing clients

Wouter,

> That last step is going to be pretty horrible though.

Indeed: you are trying to pass a live socket between
processes. I think handling server restarts gracefully
in the general case might be more worthwhile as
I suspect it would cover more scenarios. This would
make it work a bit like NFS-over-TCP reconnects. We
still might need some protocol changes (though I'm
not 100% convinced) - e.g. to say 'server restarting' -
but even if so, I can't help but think it would have
wider applicability.

--
Alex Bligh