[Nbd] doc/proto.txt partial rewrite

Hi folks,

proto.txt was getting a bit messy, with it repeating itself a few times
(sometimes even contradicting itself) and little structure in general.

I've tried to fix that. You can see the list of changes (20 of them) on
<https://github.com/yoe/nbd/compare/proto-markdown>.

Note that while there are 20 commits, and that while I tried to create
them so that every commit makes sense and is self-contained, I actually
only did so after I'd pretty much done the whole thing. This was because
at that point I noticed that it would be better to chop things up into
small commits, so that it could be more easily reviewed; especially as
it's pretty much become a de facto standards document, I'd hate to
introduce errors by lack of paying attention.

As such, I would obviously love it if someone could make some time and
review the changes that I've done.

Thanks,

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26