Re: [Nbd] Yet another NBD server out there

> > I do expect that buffer cache flushes on the client side
> > actually hit at least the underlying device's write cache (nearly sync
> > writes on the server side),
>
> With the FUA patch (which finally has been accepted into Linux proper),
> this will happen; when the client side does an explicit buffer cache
> flush, this will be finished with an FUA call, which will cause an
> fsync() on the server side.

Are they mapped to "barriers"?
And can I now safely buffer all writes until the barrier is/FUA is
invoked and force them on the platters?

Unfortunately the client does not tell you if it will be using barriers
so that you can use this buffering.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail è uno flexible tool per seguire di logfiles e effettuazione
di commissioni. Feltrare, provedere da colore, merge, 'diff-view',