Re: [Nbd] nbd-client can't connect to named export from initramfs

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 05:56:13PM +0100, Wim Muskee wrote:

>> > That claims it's a 4TiB export. That can't be right.
>> >
>> > What's the actual size of the file you're trying to export?
>> >
>> The actual size is about 350Mb. Perhaps it miscalculates the size
>> under certain conditions.
>> But still it's weird because it can connect when using port based exports.
>
> Very weird, yes.

>> > That's even stranger. I'd think that if it doesn't work in initramfs, it
>> > wouldn't work in the normal system, either.
>> >
>> > Which distribution is this?
>> >
>> Gentoo, using Dracut as the initramfs builder.
>
> I don't have much experience with dracut. I know it exists and that it supports
> NBD, but that's about it.
>
> I'll try and set up a testing environment soon so I can try to reproduce
> and debug this. Will get back to you after that.

hi Wouter,

the problem was fixed. After all it was a problem in Dracut with the
nbd-client command which resulted in this error.
The line used was: nbd-client 192.168.0.1 '-N ltsp' /dev/nbd0
and removing the quotes fixed it.

thx for your help