Re: [Nbd] [PATCH] nbd-server: add -D/-dont-daemonize option
- To: "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv@...1147...>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [Nbd] [PATCH] nbd-server: add -D/-dont-daemonize option
- From: Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 01:00:38 +0200
- Message-id: <20120627230038.GB7082@...3...>
- In-reply-to: <20120625112206.GA1518@...1147...>
- References: <20120624230358.GA28298@...1147...> <87pq8n1zlb.fsf@...860...> <20120625112206.GA1518@...1147...>
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 03:22:06PM +0400, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:59:44AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > What I would like to see is socket activation in nbd-server. That way
> > the service can be started as needed without performance loss (other
> > than the initial startup time once).
> That shouldn't be a problem because nbd-server supports inetd mode.
NAK. In inetd mode, name-based exports are not currently supported.
This could be fixed, I suppose, but I'm not sure I want to continue
supporting inetd mode. It's fairly difficult to debug and test, which
means there've been a number of bugs in the past that I didn't notice.
The volume of a pizza of thickness a and radius z can be described by
the following formula:
pi zz a