Re: [Nbd] client-server via non TCP socket
- To: Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@...186...>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [Nbd] client-server via non TCP socket
- From: Paul Clements <paul.clements@...856...>
- Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 01:17:43 -0400
- Message-id: <CAECXXi4VOObGXDwHaAj=GDXyPqe_cP86WYuNT+9wZbFrUZwDUg@...18...>
- In-reply-to: <87r4uy6dhp.fsf@...860...>
- References: <20120504141029.GA8845@...1102...> <87r4uy6dhp.fsf@...860...>
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@...186...> wrote:
> You will have to patch the nbd-client to initiate the ssh connection to
> start the server instead of using socat or use some LD_PRELOAD lib that
> changes socket() calls into opening a ssh connection. One problem there
> might be that the kernel nbd module might expect a socket.
Indeed, it does. It's fairly hardwired to having a socket for the connection.
Can an stunnel or something like that not work?