Re: [Nbd] fua, trim, etc

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 09:47:34AM +0200, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> > It might be a good way to get a flags-passing mechanism acceptable to
> > Paul et al ready.
>
> Will that change the protocol-handshake as currently implemented? E.g.
> the 4 bytes with flags.

Won't change anything beyond what's already in the repository currently.

I should probably make another release some time soon, there are quite a
number of new features waiting; but there are two loose ends that I want
to finish up first:

- Test that the new config.d-style configuration option works (that's
  implemented, and I'm sure it doesn't break anything else since the
  test suite doesn't fail and it actually does cover that part of the
  code fairly completely; but I haven't tested the new functionality
  et)
- Make NBD_CMD_TRIM cause nbd-server to call fallocate() with
  FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE.

the following formula:

pi zz a