Re: [Nbd] nbd-server ignoring configuration file

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 11:18:44AM +0200, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Hi all, I tryed to run nbd-server on systemrescue.
> I created the file /etc/nbd-server/config how explained in the 'man 5
> nbd-server' but, when I try to run nbd-server, it runs on port 10809
> instead of port 2000 like I wrote inside the configuration file.
> I tryed to run 'nbd-server -C /etc/nbd-server/config' but it still
> runs on the wrong port.

It does not, it's using the new name-based export protocol.

You should connect to the server with a name rather than a port. For
example, with a config file like this:

[generic]
[my-export]
	exportname = /srv/foo

You can connect to it like so:

nbd-client server -N my-export

Rather than trying to use a port number. Alternatively, if you really do
need to use a port for some reason, you need to use the 'oldstyle'
option in the [generic] section. It's documented in the manpage.

[...]
> I also found people complaining about the same problem (and they
> report also the workaround)
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Diskless_network_boot_NBD_root
> (search 10809)

It actually seems like they are using the nbd default port number for
oldstyle exports, rather than the newstyle named-based ones, which is
wrong. But, well.

the following formula:

pi zz a