[Nbd] RFC: tests too slow?

I had not before about 5 minutes ago run "make check" on a machine with
a real spinning hard disk (as opposed to an SSD). Lesson for today,
my Macbook Air running VMware with an SSD runs nbd-server far faster
than a "server" with a normal disk.

"make check" now takes a little while to run, mainly because of the
presence of flush & fua I think, which affects rotational media far
more than others.

This is only going to be used by people developing, and the integrity
tests are in my opinion useful. Do they now take so long they are
a pain? IE should I cut them down a bit?

The main offenders are:

** Message: 25251: Throughput write test (with flushes) complete. Took 30.827 seconds to complete, 132.870Kib/s ** Message: 25271: Integrity read test complete. Took 140.792 seconds to complete, 2.202Mib/s ** Message: 25307: Integrity read test complete. Took 67.973 seconds to complete, 83.705Mib/s

On an SSD machine with puny CPU these run in a total of about 30
seconds.

--
Alex Bligh