Re: [Nbd] protocol?

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 01:44:39PM +0100, Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any documentation describing the protocol available?

<http://grep.be/blog/en/computer/nbd/ethereal_wanted>

The dissector has in the mean time been written, but that blog page
contains the most detailed description of the protocol that I ever
wrote; perhaps I should adapt this for nbd.sourceforge.net.

Note that there has been a minor change to the protocol in the mean
time; it currently uses two bits in the 128bytes of zeroes in the
handshake to signal readonly-ness of the export to the client.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22