Re: [Nbd] Make pre-run/post-run configurable from cmdline.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 09:58:44AM +0200, Tefnet Developers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attached a patch that changes two things:
>
> * cmdline options -x and -X for pre-run and post-run commands
> (previously one could specify them only in config file);

I'm not sure it's still useful to extend the possibilities of the
command line at this point. It's mainly still there to provide
compatibility with older releases, but I believe it's best to deprecate
it in favour of using the configuration file (which is far more
flexible, anyway).

If you have a use case where it's valid to use the command line but not
the config file, I *might* be prompted to change that belief, but you
would have to make a very strong case.

> * pre-run will run even if served file is not present (for cases when
> pre-run program creates the file).

Yes; I already found and fixed that in svn.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22