Re: [Nbd] NBD vs iSCSI performance?

> >> Supposing we have a server/target and client/initiator on two machines -
> >> can one expect a noticeable difference, depending if a given device is
> >> exported by NBD or iSCSI?
> >
> > I started to setup an iSCSI target ... but I never got that read only.
> > Thatswhy never tested any further. Do you have an idea if its possible
> > with iSCSI?
>
> Huh? If what's possible with iSCSI?

To set a target Read Only. I would like to point a large number of
initiators onto just one target (that seems to work), but no initiator
should be able to alter anything. Otherwise the block device will get
corrupted. We are using NBD in large setups of diskless clients with
SquashFS ontop (ReadOnly).

Caio,
	Dirk