Re: [Nbd] NBD dead

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:01:09AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:59:59AM -0300, Edson Vinicius Schmitt wrote:
> > Hello there!
> >
> > Changing the subject a little bit...
> >
> > I was trying to make a backup copy of 2 tera arrays using giga
> > interfaces..., having about 1 giga copied the nbd dies with the following
> > message "not enough magic"
> > Anyone can help?
>
> I've heard this before, but I'm not sure where it comes from. It seems
> to occur only when the interface is fast...

Right, that isn't very helpful. Sorry :-)

There's a few things I can check; if you would
* recompile nbd with CFLAGS set to '-DDODBG -DNOFORK'
* try again, capturing the output of nbd-server (note, this will not
  fork, so will only be able to serve one client)
* send the relevant parts of that output to me.

then I'll try and see whether I can find the problem. It might require a
few iterations before we reach the point where I can fix it, though.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks