Re: FIP test results

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 10:43:00AM -0400, veach@caldera.com wrote:

> The test tries to exec "./chroot_t4" but the exec fails because it
> does not see the file.  I verified that there is an executable ./chroot_t4
> in /home/tet/test_sets/TESTROOT/tset/LSB.os/procenv/chroot/chroot_t4
> with owner vsx0, group vsxg0, and mode 0755.  I couldn't easily figure out
> how to build the tests from the source in order to add debugging statements
> to determine in what directory the test runs.
>
> If someone tells me how to build the tests, I am willing to further debug
> this.  Otherwise, I will assume this is a test problem and ignore it.

No, chroot_t4 uses ld-lsb.so.1 as the program interpreter.  There is
no ld-lsb.so.1 in the chroot that chroot_t4 is trying to run in, so
there is no way to exec() it.  Either we need to place shared
libraries and ld-lsb.so.1 in the place that the chroot test tries to
run or build this binary statically linked.

For now, knowing that the binary is indeed there, mode 0755, and
uses ld-lsb.so.1, which is outside the chroot, but not inside the
chroot --- and knowing that the behavior of the kernel on exec() of an
ELF binary who's program interpreter does not exist is to return
-ENOENT, we can safely resolve this FIP as pass, since the testing app
would have run if the chroot() was not successful.

Cheers,

Matt