RE: FIP test results

> I have been trying to resolve 12 FIP test results that occurred when
> running the LSB runtime tests.  There does not seem to be
> much information about how to resolve these on either your web site, the
LSB
> certification authority's web site, or any of the LSB documents I can
find.
> After a few email exchanges with the LSB certification authority,
> they suggested
> I contact you.

What are the 12 FIPs? It's hard to help without seeing them....

> I cannot find any information about how to determine what the
> test that
> gave the FIP result was trying to do and therefore how to properly
> resolve a FIP result as PASS or FAIL.

Normally, running vrpt against the journal file generated by
the test run should give you the assertion and test method
along with the test result, when that result is not PASS.
In many cases, if that information is available, it should
answer the question you raise.

I think the default report created by the test script does
not include this information, so you might try this as a
next step.