Recent fix proposals

I hope I've done these the right way, it's
still early days and this is kind of a strange
situation, testing against an unreleased
platform (but using the same source code that
made the released tests).

The two proposed fixes which have potential
to affect existing platforms I submitted
as PRs through the CA, even though they
don't appear to be problems in the currently
running cerfication program, and I don't
see a problem for existing platforms either,
they're pretty trivial.

The third proposed fix set I just sent
here since it's completely bracketed by
#ifdef __ia64__ in all places and thus
cannot have an impact on other platforms.

I can push that one up to the PR system
as well if that's deemed appropriate.

Mats