Re: SI-ia64: tracking segvs

At 2002/7/24 08:07-0700  Wichmann, Mats D writes:

> My next target in working the LSB-si/ia64 is to try
> to track the 12 segmentation violations I'm seeing -
> two mmap tests and ten in readv tests.
>
> Anybody have any experience (== useful tips) in
> doing this under the binary test suite setup?

When debugging failures I normally work from the source versions
Modify the makefiles to include debugging symbols, insert a sleep or
two here and there and then attach to the running processes with gdb.

The other things which is useful to do and doesn't rely on you
recompiling the testcase is to enable the trace output in tetexec.cfg
(VSX_DBUG_FLAGS) which will help give you an idea where the binaries
are dying.

Regards,

Chris
--