Re: Updated lsbappchk and lsblibchk packages

All of these warnings are on symbols recently added. In most cases, I have not
had an opportunity to build/run this on all of the architectures to set the DB
correctly. I had intended to do this before a new release was produced.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 candee.hoecker@mscsoftware.com wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I am getting the following symbol versioning errors on my IA32 system. I
> did not get these errors with lsblibchk-1.1.4-1 on the same system.
>
> Checking symbols in /lib/libc.so.6
>  Didn't find setdomainname (unversioned) in libc.so.6
>    setdomainname has version GLIBC_2.0, expecting unversioned
>
> Checking symbols in /lib/libncurses.so.5
>  Didn't find setupterm (GLIBC_2.0) in libncurses.so.5
>    Warning!!! Found unversioned symbol setupterm,but expecting version
> GLIBC_2.0
>
> And on the IA64 system that did not have any errors with
> lsblibchk-1.1.4-1.
>
> Checking symbols in /lib/libc.so.6.1
>  Didn't find __h_errno_location (GLIBC_2.0) in libc.so.6.1
>    __h_errno_location has version GLIBC_2.2, expecting GLIBC_2.0
>  Didn't find getpwnam_r (GLIBC_2.0) in libc.so.6.1
>    getpwnam_r has version GLIBC_2.2, expecting GLIBC_2.0
>  Didn't find setdomainname (unversioned) in libc.so.6.1
>    setdomainname has version GLIBC_2.2, expecting unversioned
>
> Checking symbols in /lib/libncurses.so.5
>  Didn't find setupterm (GLIBC_2.0) in libncurses.so.5
>    Warning!!! Found unversioned symbol setupterm,but expecting version
> GLIBC_2.0
>
> Candee

                                Stuart

anderson@freestandards.org                                Free Standards Group
Lead Developer, Written Specification                     Linux Standard Base