RE: expect(1)

> It has been suggested that expect(1) be added to the
> Application Battery so it
> can be used to automatically test interactive Application
> Battery applications.
>
> http://expect.nist.gov/
>
> PS: (My only objection is that it is written in Tk.  Can't
> anyone write POSIX shell code anymore? :-))

That's tcl, not tk.

Why would anyone *want* to write serious code in shell
when there are languages better suited? The shell
really doesn't give you the facility to properly
capture the "what happened" that is the essence of expect.

(Yes, I saw the smiley, btw)

I tried to crank out tcl-built-by-lsbcc but it needs
a little bit of work.