Re: Current unexplained failures

At 2002/8/2 16:10-0700  Wichmann, Mats D writes:
> The 10 fails:
>
> dlopen 4, 12 (2 fails total), appears that dlopen
> (0, RTLD_NOW) does not give access to the binary's
> own symbols.  This might be a linker flag, but adding
> it didn't seem to help; it might be a problem actually
> in the libc dlopen code or the dynamic linker, I
> see there have been lots of changes to this codebase
> in the glibc cvs.

Do an "objdump -T T.dlopen" - if you see the symbol test4_func then
something in the lookup is going wrong, if its not there then the test
binary wasn't built correctly.

> read and readv test 13 (2 fails total) - atime not
> updated when it was expected to.  This is *not*
> the problem of failing to mount the filesystems
> correctly, as other tests would fail with this error
> if it were.

Is this the atime updates on pipes and sockets failing?

> grantpt 1 (1 fail), this is running with a pseudo
> filesystem mounted on /dev/pts, and the test detects
> the unexpected presence of group-write permission on
> the pty it tests. (620 instead of 600).

I think you mean the other way around (it should have group write
permission and doesn't). Are you using devfs? (if so 0600 is the
default for devfs and can be changed in the config file). If you're
not using devfs check that you have devpts mounted.

Regards,

Chris
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com