FIP test results

Hi,

I have been trying to resolve 12 FIP test results that occurred when
running the LSB runtime tests.  There does not seem to be much information
about how to resolve these on either your web site, the LSB certification
authority's web site, or any of the LSB documents I can find.  After a
few email exchanges with the LSB certification authority, they suggested
I contact you.

Your site's FAQ says the following about FIP results:

  These FIP results occur when by default the test suite is unable to
  determine whether a result is a PASS or FAIL.  For LSB Certification
  you have to sign these off as resolving to pass when you submit your
  test results into the web certification system.

The only other mention of FIP is in the explanation of result codes:

  FIP - additional information is provided which needs to be checked
  manually.

I cannot find any information about how to determine what the test that
gave the FIP result was trying to do and therefore how to properly
resolve a FIP result as PASS or FAIL.  Examples of specific questions
I have can be found in the email message included below.

Can you provide some guidance?

Joe Veach
veach@caldera.com