RE: ApacheTestcase.html

> The attached Functional Verification Test (FVT) was written
> by Lisa for Apache.
> The FVT testing details should be reviewed and the test suite
> updated.  This
> manual test can be converted from HTML to PHP.

For formal testing, nobody should be making the
symlink manually, and the install should /not/ fail
due to a missing lsb dependency. The system under
test should already have those.

The test 1.3.24-0.2 version is fussier about putting
the files in /opt, /etc/opt and /var/opt.  This
apache listens on a nonstandard port to avoid confl
with a possibly already installed webserver. For
those who tried the 0.1 version, I found the specfile
option to avoid generating the erroneous dependencies
that it had, so the 0.2 doesn't do that.

I have added a python script which contacts the port,
retreives the page, and compares it with a stored
expected result.  Whether this kind of automation
is done using python, perl, links/lynx, or whatever,
or the test is done manually by starting a web
browser and doing manual inspection, the shortcoming is
that it makes the system under test need to provide the
appropriate program, and none of them are LSB-mandated
program.  We touched on that topic a bit in the confcall
today.

Does that mean that the test should be initated from
a different system?

Todo:  Chris has pointed out that it ought to install
and run under a nonstandard user, and there continues
to be a pending item to use install_initd and remove_initd
to fiddle with a startup script.