Re: [PROPOSAL]drop LSB.usersgroups/commands/passwd/T.passwd 2

Thorsten Kukuk writes:

> > I agree we need a well documented process for making changes like
> > this, especially since its removing a feature. Is there a suitable
> > procedure we can borrow from another standards group?
>

> What is the current status with this ? I ask because I run the
> LSB-Usersgroups test some minutes ago and found that the T.passwd 2
> and T.passwd 3 tests are broken. For me the test don't do what they
> should do, so both always fails.

AFAIK there hasn't been any resolution on changes for 1.1 (or 1.0.1).
This doesn't qualify as an editorial change and it should at least be
submitted as a bug report on SourceForge so we don't accidentally lose
track of it.

IMO we need to start the process[1] of looking at issues like this one
and some fairly obvious (eg cut/paste bugs in some cases) changes - if
not a new release of the specification, then at least an errata
document.

Chris.

[1] I don't know what sort of 'official process' we are meant to use
for this but its clear we need one.

--
yeohc@au1.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group