Re: Test cases that are possible candidates for a waiver

>From bounce-lsb-test=schilling=fokus.gmd.de@lists.linuxbase.org Sat Dec 15 16:56:40 2001

>>  /tset/POSIX.os/dataform/tar/T.tar-27
>>  /tset/POSIX.os/dataform/tar/T.tar-34
>>  /tset/POSIX.os/dataform/tar/T.tar-5
>>  /tset/POSIX.os/dataform/tar/T.tar-6
>>  /tset/POSIX.os/dataform/tar/T.tar-8
>>  /tset/POSIX.os/dataform/tar/T.tar-9

>Nearly all of them are fixed if the pax utility of the distribution
>is installed and the test must be configured to use it.

>As result I have only 4 fails, 1 of cpio and 3 of tar.

>For me it looks like for cpio.24 and tar.31 the test implementation
>is buggy.

I am not sure as I did not remember the place where to get the tests.

But GNUtar is far away from bein POSIX compliant. If you like a POSIX
compliant TAR, get 'star'

ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/star/alpha/

Jörg

       schilling@fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling