Re: LSB Comparison of SuSE 7.2 and 7.3

Hi Arnold,

Arnold Hayden writes:
> Looking at the results from the OS and PCTS suites, one notices that
> SuSE 7.3 fails MORE tests than 7.2.  The following are the tests that
> went from pass for 7.2 to fail for 7.3:

<snip>

> Test results used in the comparison can be found at:
>
> Any ideas or comments?

I think most if not all of the changes you are seeing in the failures
are due to the test suites now running in the UNIX98 mode instead of
POSIX96. Incidentally, this may also be the reason you are seeing
differences in test results between Red Hat releases as well (check
the journal file to see what TEST_MODE was set to for the different
runs).

Some of those new test failures are due to PATH_MAX problems. Rusty
has posted a patch to fix this on the kernel side
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/), but a
corresponding change is also needed with glibc.

Regards,

Chris.
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com