test explaination request

In running the T.i_ctty test in the LSB-VSX1.0-1 test suite, from the
/tset/POSIX.os/devclass/i_ctty/T.i_ctty directory, I received an
'unresolved' result. I'm having a bit of trouble tracking down exactly
what this test is doing in order to track down what caused the problem.

The exact message received was:

/tset/POSIX.os/devclass/i_ctty/T.i_ctty 6       Unresolved

                Test Description:
        If general terminal interface supported:
           The controlling terminal is inherited by child processes during
the
           fork() function.
           Posix Ref: Component Terminal Interface Assertion 7.1.1.3-07(C)

                Test Information:
        child process timed out

Is there any way to determine what specifically the child process was
trying to do when it timed out? I took a brief glance at the source for
that test, but it was not immediately apparent what could be causing the
timing out to occur.

Thanks,
Suzanne Hillman

--
Suzanne Hillman                           Tel. (978) 606-0381
Mission Critical Linux, Inc               hillman@mclinux.com