Re:

Chris,
I looked at vsxconfig.h and there is no mention of timespec.  I did a grep
for "timespec" and got nothing.  Then I grep for
"time" and only got lines from times.h listing extern int for timer
functions, none of which say timespec.  I since gotten a
note from Andrew which asked me to look at SYSINC which I did also.
"timespec" is in aio.h listed as
   'extern int aio_suspend64 __P ((  ... __const struct timespec
*__restrict __timeout));

But I don't know what that means.  The one thing everyone should remember I
copied the same tar file to the other distros and ran the install.sh and
setup.sh and didn't have this problem.  Only on Debian 2.2.

Please let me know what else you want or if you want to look at the system
yourself.

Stephanie

Linux Technology Center
 IBM, 11400 Burnet Road, Austin, TX  78758
 Phone: (512) 838-9284   T/L: 678-9284  Fax: (512) 838-3882
 E-Mail: sglass@us.ibm.com

                    Christopher
                    Yeoh                 To:     "Stephanie Glass" <sglass@us.ibm.com>
                    <cyeoh@samba.o       cc:     lsb-test@lists.linuxbase.org
                    rg>                  Subject:     Re:

                    07/20/2001
                    11:00 AM

Stephanie Glass writes:

> I got this for all aio, mfiles and mprotect.  I also got this for 40
> testcases for procprim.   All of which failed
> to build correctly. The build error is a warning that 'struct timespec'
is
> declared inside a parameter list,
> and 'timeout' isn't known for the function.  So there is a make error.
>
> All the other testcases build and executed.  Does anyone have any idea
why?

Could you have a look in /home/tet/test_sets/SRC/vsxconfig.h? Is there
something in there related to struct timespec? Something that if
included in a header file would cause it not to compile?

Regards,

Chris.
--
yeohc@au1.ibm.com