LSB Test Status

The enclosed LSB Test Status is from notes that I have gathered from recent
discussions.  By LinuxWorld this August 28th we need to have (1) a test case
roadmap with target dates and (2) a conformance test plan with a rollout
targeted for 4Q01.

Please look at the enclosed with respect to the roadmap and target dates.   The
roadmap is due before LinuxWorld and the actual completed tests are post
LinuxWorld.

Sincerely,

George (gk4)
Title: FSG: LSB Test Status

LSB Test Status

LSB Test Team Lead:  Andrew Josey - OpenGroup

Distribution Test Suite,  LSB 1.0

Development Test Suite,  LSB 1.0

Application Test Suite,  LSB 1.0

Post LSB v1.0 Candidates

Details

The gating items are as follows: Recommend that the Free Standards Group put some of their full time resourcing onto this, especially the policy decisions that need drawing up.

LSB Certification

Firstly we need to define the policy for certification: This needs to define Once the policies are complete then we can flush out the program in more detail. Below is an outline recommendation:

It is proposed that there be three levels of certification:

  1. Platform certification:
  1. Development Environment/SDK Certification:
  1. Application certification: