experimental binary test suites
I've put together an experimental binary version of a test suite
(basically vsx-pcts without the header file tests). Its in RPM format
and available at:
- It hasn't been broadly tested yet, so use at your own
risk. Importantly it may well overwrite existing TET
installations. It will create a whole lot of users and groups
on your system.
- A README with instructions is placed in
/usr/share/doc/lsb-test on installation.
- It assumes loopback support in the kernel.
- It assumes an LSB compliant system (eg due to command differences
it won't install on some distros
- It doesn't clean up after itself properly on removal (eg users
created on install).
- The RPM is big (18Mb) - need to look at seeing if it can
be trimmed down further.
- There is a source rpm, but currently it assumes that the test
suites are already built and living in /home/tet. Eventually
the aim is to generate the whole thing automatically completely
from a single source RPM.
I'd appreciate any feedback including if you think it should work
differently, make different assumptions etc. There is also a binary
version of the lsb-os test suite which is (hopefully) easier to
install and run than the source based one.