which test cases?

IBM has asked that I determine our GNU/Linux product's library dependencies
with respect to their specification and testing.  Enclosed is a summary of
my findings.

#Library ; Specifications; Tests
ld-linux.so.2; LSB v1.0; none
ld.so.1; LSB v1.0; none
libm.so.6; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; none
libdl.so.2; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; none
libcrypt.so.1; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; none
libncurses.so.5; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; none
libc.so.6; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; LSB-VSX
libpthread.so.0; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; VSTH-lite
librt.so.1; Not Specified; licensed
libX11.so.6; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; licensed
libXext.so.6; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0; licensed
libXp.so.6; LDPS v1.1; licensed
libXt.so.6; LDPS v1.1, LSB v1.0l; icensed
libXtst.so.6; LDPS v1.1; licensed
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2; Not Specified

1) I see that some application link  to ld.so.1, but most others link to
ld-linux.so.2.   Is ld.so.1 just old?   Is there a loader library test that
corresponds to the LSB specification?

2) The math, loader, cyrpto, and ncurses libraries are specified by the
LDPS v1.1 and LSB v1.0; however, there do not appear to be any open source
tests?  Are there plans for open source tests?  Are there licensable tests
available?

3) The real time library is not specified; therefore, should be statically
linked.

4) The Xp and Xtst libraries are not specified; therefore, should be
statically linked.

5) The X11, Xext, and Xt libraries are specified by the LDPS v1.,1 and LSB
v1.0; however, the only tests that I know of are the UniSoft tests, but
aren't those really Xserver tests?

6) The C++ library is not specified; therefore, should be statically
linked.

George Kraft IV
gk4@austin.ibm.com
IBM Linux Technology Center