PROPOSAL: do not require /var/spool/lpd (Ref 5.11.1-1(A))

This is an FHS Issue wich would imply to drop a certain FHS test case.

I propose not to require /var/spool/lpd (Chapter 5.11 FHS 2.1)

The FHS test suite (correctly interpreting FHS 2.1) says:

>        Reference 5.11.1-1(A)
>        The /var/spool/lpd directory exists and is searchable
>
>        This appears to be an issue with the FHS2.0 specification
>        which mandates it. Its probable we want to make this conditional
>        on whether printing is supported.

When using CUPS for printing, there is no /var/spool/lpd directory.

Therefore FHS should not enforce its existence

If I see it as an LSB issue, a second reason is that this directory
is print server internal and no application has reason to
manipulate it dircetly.

--
    /  ___/__/  /                 Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH