Re: ANN: LSB-VSX test suite V1.0-1

Daniel Quinlan writes:
> Andrew Josey <ajosey@rdg.opengroup.org> writes:
>
> > Header file inconsistencies between the limits in limits.h and the
> > kernel returns from sysconf() (eg LINK_MAX).
>
> Don't you mean pathconf() instead of sysconf()?  I don't see any
> definition for LINK_MAX in the sysconf() specification.

Just to clarify it is pathconf() for the LINK_MAX inconsistency in
limits.h. The problem for sysconf is the inconsistency with the
OPEN_MAX value in limits.h.

> Either way, I don't see how a constant in a C header file could match
> the return values of pathconf.  The value varies according to the
> underlying filesystem.

In both cases above I believe the standard states that there should
not be a value defined in limits.h if the run-time value can vary.

In the tarball in tests/VSX4.FAILURES there is a more detailed
description of the failures and associated analysis of the problems.
(Note that there is a typo in that file to do with the sysconf/CLK_TCK
inconsistency, but the version in CVS has been corrected).

Chris.
--
cyeoh@linuxcare.com.au
Support Open Source Ice-Cream