VSX-PCTS test suite

We need to begin testing the POSIX.1 aspects of Linux using the VSX-PCTS
test suite.  This testing should probably be conducted on a system
running glibc 2.0 or (even better) glibc 2.1.  Please contact me off the
list if you think you're up to the task and you can get rolling on it
soon.

The test suite is available at http://www.opengroup.org/testing/downloads.html

These are the initial goals for this testing:

  - document the test results
  - document Linux system interfaces with different behavior from
    the SUSv2 specification (or most other Unix systems)
    For example, read the NOTES second in the Linux select(2) man page.

Depending on the results, some of these followup goals may be added:

  - write modified tests for Linux system interfaces that differ
    from the SUSv2 standard (on purpose, we hope)
  - write tests for glibc extensions
  - extend tests to cover corner cases and areas not covered by
    the VSX-PCTS tests

The benefits from this effort will include:

  - supporting Linux porting/coding efforts via documentation
  - testing work that will become a major part of the LSB test suite
  - helping Linux contribute into the Austin Group revision of POSIX

Thanks.

- Dan