a couple of questions on LSB compliance

hi
I'm  devising  a set of test assertions for the FHS 2.0
aspects of the LSB and a couple of questions have arisen where i'd
like some feedback. These tend to parts of the FHS where things
are optional/conditional. I'm interested to know whether the LSB has
 mandated certain features?

1. The FHS has conditions "If the X Window System is present". Does
the LSB mandate presence of the window system (i.e. the support
files /usr/X11R6 etc)?

2. The FHS has conditions "dependent on the version of the X Window
System supported". Does the LSB mandate the version of the X Window System ,
that is X11R6 ?

3. The FHS talks about presence of directories. Does the LSB
require that the mandatory directories be actual directories, or
are symlinks be allowed?

4. The FHS does not specify directory permissions for the mandatory
file hierarchy. Does the LSB demand any particular directory
permissions or should that be left unspecified (i.e that the
directories be searchable only)?

thanks
Andrew