Re: LSB Spec 1.2 criticism

I'd just like to chip in here and point out an ambiguity, the
following snippet begins at line 19701...

> ... When an init script
> is run with a "start" argument, the boot facility or facilities specified in
> the "Provides" header shall be considered present, and hence init scripts which
> require those boot facilities would then be eligble to be run. When an init
> script is run with a "stop" argument, the boot facilities specified in the
> "Provides" header are considered no longer present.

What this doesn't make clear, is whether:
a) the facilities are to be considered present immediately the
   script is run, ie. before any functions or commands in the
   script begin to execute.
b) the name is considered to be present only when the script
   exits successfully
c) the name is considered to be present when the script
   exits, regardless of the exit status.

The ambiguity in the present wording may well be a desired property of
the text.  If so, then perhaps a note to that effect would be useful.
Otherwise, an explicit choice amongst the various interpretations
would be of assistance to implementors.

Leni.