Re: Extra symbols required

* Christopher Yeoh (cyeoh@samba.org) [20020227 06:24]:

>   __deregister_frame_info
>   __register_frame_info
>
> So I think we need to add the above to the LSB specification.

These come from libgcc and are needed for exception handling. Current glibc
imports them from libgcc and then reexports them again.

With the upcoming gcc 3.1 and sufficiently recent binutils, gcc uses the
special ELF header PT_GNU_EH_FRAME so no extra functions for
registering/deregistering eh frame info are needed anymore.

Given the above, I'm not sure if LSB should add them.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE Linux AG, Deutscherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany