Re: LSB1.1: /proc/cpuinfo

>From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>

>Think like a business end user

>"We updated the kernel it broke"
>"Our app isnt certified with the new glibc"
>"Why do we have to change two components at a time - how will we test it"

>At the moment I repeat - I can run any app back to libc 2.2 on a 2.4.x
>kernel. Thats back to the days of Linux 0.98 or so.

Why do you tell us this?

This is wrong and you should know about it as we had more then one personal
discussion about exactly this fact. Not even a simple program that uses only
ctype.h will run correctly if you go <= glibc-2.1.

Glibc-2.1 has a broken large file interface that if an application tris to work
around make it non binary compliant, the /dev/sg interface did change many
times the signal interface is incompatible. I hope that I don't need to tell you more.

Jörg

       schilling@fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling