Re: URGENT [PROPOSAL] V3: lsb lib and lsb loader location (also IA64)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Johannes Poehlmann wrote:
> > 1. lsb library location.
> >
> >    lsb libraries native for this architecture
> >    runtime  libraries 	->      /lib/lsb
> >    Stub  libraries    	->      /usr/lib/lsb-stub
> >
> >    IA32 emulation libraries on non IA32 systems (IA64)
> >    runtime  libraries	->      /lib/lsb-ia32compat
> >    Stub	 libraries    	->      /usr/lib/lsb-stub-ia32compat
>
> Imho this is silly. IA64 can run IA32 binaries natively, and should
> also be able to run IA32 software unchanged. But since you use
> /lib/lbs-ia32compat instead of the normal /lib/lsb that isn't possible
> so you completely break that nice feature of ia64 systems.
>
> The same holds for sparc32/sparc64, mips/mips64, powerpc/powerpc64,
>  and ia32/x86-64.

Can you please summarize what directories are used to support the different
architectures? I think that if we see the existing stuff laid out in one place,
we can see what the pattern is, and where to put lsb version of things should
be more obvious.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001