Re: New symbols

Stuart Anderson <anderson@metrolink.com> writes:

> I've been running lsbappchk on a system updated to very recent stuff, and while
> checking common stuff in /bin & /usr/bin that should be complient, I've come
> across several new symbols that didn't use to show up on an older version of
> the OS.
>
> The first 4 show up for lots of the commands:
>
> 	getgrnam

Part of Posix, please add it.

> 	__fpending

This comes from Solaris, see <stdio_ext.h>.  I'm supriesed how it
comes into applications, might be that e.g. GNU fileutils check for it
(I found it in ls).

> 	__cxa_atexit

See <stdlib.h> - but I don't know directly how it comes into
applications.

> 	bindtextdomain

Part of <libintl.h>, please add it.

> These other show up some, but not as frequently as the ones above
>
> 	memrchr
A GNU extension from <string.h>
> 	obstack_free
We have the other obstack function - add it.
> 	__sysconf

Please add it with "__sysconf is an alias for sysconf.  This is part
of the ABI not of the ABI."

> 	rpmatch
>From SVID according to <stdlib.h>, not really needed.

> 	euidaccess

>From <unistd.h>, a GNU extension that's usefull.

> I know that we are trying to stop adding more things and catch up on what
> is already in the list, but it does seem bad if even simple commands can't be
> compliant. Soem of these appear to be more glibc manges that would probably
> be hard to avoid.
>
> Comments?

Btw. I've send you some docu where I used the term "mangle".  I guess
"alias" is a better term to use in the LSB.  Can you check the LSB for
this and change it?

Thanks,
Andreas
--