Re: Spec Updates

On 14 Feb 2001, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> A couple of notes:
> - Table 1.3 mentions the SOnames of the libs, those should go into the
>   architecture dependend section (also in the following sections,
>   e.g. section 10.1)
> - Chapter 9.1 mentions the name of the dynamic linker as
>   /lib/ld-lsb.so.1.  What happens if I want to run e.g. ia32 LSB
>   compliant apps on ia64?  Shouldn't we make the name also
>   architecture dependend?

Yes to both of these. I just haven't gotten tot hat step yet. Last night
was just the first pass at splitting this stuff up.

> - You didn't add my definitions for 10.3.  Almost all "What is this"
>   comments should be filled in with the information I send you last
>   week.

Someone is working on these, it just hasn't been committed yet.

> - 10.4.2 mentions "clog" as a data symbol.  That's wrong, clog is a
>          function.

OK, that I can fix 8-)

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001